Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June Coming to a Close...July Right Around the Corner

Based upon our participation level, both June events were hits all around! First we had our June Picnic and Bridging Ceremony where we advanced ALL of our Scouts onto their next rank. Congratulations to all of our boys, and especially our adult volunteers, without you our Pack would not be the success it is.

Our other event was Day Camp! What a time that was, with so much going on everyday, it's no wonder that my Scouts were tired by the time they got home in the evening. I did make it to Day Camp a couple of days in time for the Closing and Flag ceremony and I was able to see our Webelos do the Flag Ceremony one day! I'm so glad I happened to show up in uniform.

I want to express my gratitude to every adult from our Pack that volunteered to walk with our Scouts and provide that much needed leadership that is needed. I also want to tell our Scouts how proud I am of their participation at Day Camp. I was there in the crowd on the last day and was very impressed with our Scouts, Webelos and some of our new Tigers as they performed their skits. Great job guys!

If anyone has pictures of our Scouts at Day Camp, please share them with me and I'll post them here for all to see.

Don't forget we have two events planned for July
July 8 - Pack 195 goes to the Walkersville VFD Carnival
July 24 - Pack 195 will go on a scavenger hunt in Frederick

I hope you all have a wonderful, productive and safe summer, and I'll see you next month.

No comments: